Friday, May 8, 2009

*MOMS*



TO MY MOM AND MIL:
I often contemplate my childhood, Mom.
I am a mother now, and so I know
Hard work is mixed together with the fun;
You learned that when you raised me long ago.
I think of all the things you gave to me:
Sacrifice, devotion, love and tears,
Your heart, your mind, your energy and soul--
All these you spent on me throughout the years.
You loved me with a never-failing love
You gave me strength and sweet security,
And then you did the hardest thing of all:
You let me separate and set me free.
Every day, I try my best to be
A mother like the mom you were to me
Mother's Day brings to mind
The thousands of things you did for me
that helped make me happier,stronger and wiser,
because I had you as a role model.
I'm grateful for all the times
you healed my hurts and calmed my fears,
so that I could face the world feeling safe and secure.
I'm thankful for all you showed me
about how to love and give--
lessons that now bring
so many blessings to me
each and every day.
Your sacrifices and unselfishness
did not go unnoticed, Mom.
I admire you, I respect you,I love you.
And I'm so glad you're my mother!
Happy Mother's Day!
To ALL the other MOMS out there- Mother's Day is your day to shine! Happy Mother's Day and hope you all have a fabulous day!!! :)

2 comments:

Alicia W. said...

Look at Amanda getting all mushy mushy! I think it's uber sweet. You know you can send that jpeg image to walgreens or walmart etc as a 5x7 and they print out EXCELLENT.. great idea for a mothers day present. :o) Have a fantastic weekend.

Kayce said...

Aw, so sweet! Happy Mother's Day!