Thursday, November 27, 2008

Gobble Gobble Gobble


Happy Thanksgiving to you all! I am so thankful for everything in my life! One main thing is our healthy children that David and I have! I am so thankful David came home from Iraq safe and sound after a long long deployment. I am thankful for having wonderful moms and dads! I am thankful for all our trusted good friends and family! The list will go on and on... Hope you all have a wonderful day and make a one you won't forgot!


OK, one more thing I wanted to share with you: You all get very tired and sleepy after turkey and everyone naps! Well I have your answer why because I know some of you wonder why...

L-Tryptophan and the Turkey
The turkey is often cited as the culprit in after dinner lethargy, but the truth is that you could omit the bird altogether and still feel the effects of the feast. Turkey does contain
L-tryptophan, an essential amino acid with a documented sleep inducing effect.


Well I was searching on the Internet this morning, and I found this funny poem! Read on if you all know my husband this is him ---ha ha!


When Daddy Carves the Turkey
When Daddy carves the turkey,It is really quite a sight,I know he tries his hardest,But he never does it right.
He makes a fancy show of it,Before he starts to carve,And stabs in all directions,While we're certain that we'll starve.
He seems to take forever,As we sit and shake our heads,By the time he's finished slicing,He's reduced the birds to shreds.
He yells as loud as thunder,Just before he's finally through For when Daddy carves the turkey,Daddy carves his finger too!

3 comments:

Kayce said...

That is hilarious--that poem is SO David! We still love him though! So happy for you that he is home safe and sound to spend Thanksgiving and Christmas with y'all! We love you. Happy Thanksgiving!!!

Anonymous said...

check out: http://alwaysaboutshelby.blogspot.com and: http://alwayshavingfun-shelby.blogspot.com

Alicia W. said...

That was great! You made me laugh with that poem. :o) Hope your having a great thanksgiving weekend.